Unanswered: Weird parameter passing (wanting duplicate entries)

I have a paramter query in access where i want to query from a staritng date to a ending date.

Im simply doing it by using the Criteria text box and typing Between [Enter the start date] And [Enter the end date]

Now this works fine its just when i use this query in a report it then prompts me for both parameters twice. This is really annoying as i need to re-enter the data twice. However it prompts once for each parameter when it is a normal query.

i have also tried using the parameter dialog box thing and it behaves exactly like usign the criteria box

Provided Answers: 5
    go to the design view of the query
    go to query on the menu and select parameters
    make sure that there is nothing in that dialog view
    go to the sql view of the query and copy the sql statement to the clipboard

behind the recordsource of the report paste the sql code - do not use the name of the query as the source but instead use the code

does that eliminate the double request?

k, i pasted the SQL into row source of the chart im using doesnt work, still get a double prompt.

However if i delete the chart/graph and just add the record source, and then add the objects to the report , hey presto..doesnt prompt for two parameters.

Soo it is either just a MS graph issue as it wont work with two parameters OR im just noob

Provided Answers: 5
    if the reports record source and the graph are both based on the same query - you will be prompted twice

Unhappy

OK , this is what i have done .

opened my report
    right clicked on my graph and gone row source
    clicked that little ... icon thing
    then pops up SQL builder
    instead of dragging and dropping stuff copy and paste the SQL
    save and update the textfield thing

Clearly it is using the query as a row source now and it is STILL prompting too many times