Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    Unanswered: File Permissions changed by mistake

    I accidently made a recusive chmod which included my instance directory for UDB V8.1 on linux.

    Now when i try to connect to the database I get a SQL1031N (database directory cannot be found).

    I tried to recover the permissions manually by looking at another instance but still the same error.

    I tried to to catalog/uncatalog everything in differenct sequences with no luck.

    Does anyone know how to fix this or how to "import" the database into a new instance when all the database files are intact (but the permissions wrong).

    Best Regards,
    Kenneth Sklander

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: File Permissions changed by mistake

    Try stopping the instance and running a db2iupdt on the instance ...

    The command is in /opt/IBM/V8.1/instance directory ...

    Cheers

    Sathyaram


    Originally posted by sklander
    I accidently made a recusive chmod which included my instance directory for UDB V8.1 on linux.

    Now when i try to connect to the database I get a SQL1031N (database directory cannot be found).

    I tried to recover the permissions manually by looking at another instance but still the same error.

    I tried to to catalog/uncatalog everything in differenct sequences with no luck.

    Does anyone know how to fix this or how to "import" the database into a new instance when all the database files are intact (but the permissions wrong).

    Best Regards,
    Kenneth Sklander
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    No luck.

    The instance wasn't running since it cannot start anymore (after i changed the filepersmissions) I double checked that no db2 processes was running in the instance and ran db2iupdt as root.

    After quite a while it returned with a failure stating that either the instance was active or that db2ipdt cannot be used to update this instance. I believe its not active, since no processes was running.

    I tried runing db2iupdt at a working instance and it returned with a success on that instance.

    Anybody has another idea, perhaps on howto salvage the data from the old instance into a new one (all the database files are there and seem to be ok)

    Best Regards,
    Kenneth

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: No luck.

    You should call IBM Support ...

    db2dart may be able to extract the data for you ... But again, it depends on what files db2 is not able to work with ..

    (Do not do a db2iupdt on a 'live' instance ... It may produce undesirable results)

    Also, can you check whether there are any db2 processes running for the instance ... If so, kill them. Do a Linux ipclean/slibclean ... May be you can try again ..

    Cheers

    Sathyaram



    Originally posted by sklander
    The instance wasn't running since it cannot start anymore (after i changed the filepersmissions) I double checked that no db2 processes was running in the instance and ran db2iupdt as root.

    After quite a while it returned with a failure stating that either the instance was active or that db2ipdt cannot be used to update this instance. I believe its not active, since no processes was running.

    I tried runing db2iupdt at a working instance and it returned with a success on that instance.

    Anybody has another idea, perhaps on howto salvage the data from the old instance into a new one (all the database files are there and seem to be ok)

    Best Regards,
    Kenneth
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •