Unanswered: How to run DB2 ddl files ?

Hi,

A newbie question: I already set classpath for some dll files. I try to run ddl files from their directory, it tells me:
    DB21061E Command line environment not initialized.

How can I init Command line environment to run ddls outside Command line processor?

regards,

Re: How to run DB2 ddl files ?

type db2cmd on the command line or even better from the menu open up command window. Thereon you can run the ddl files.

dollar

Originally posted by rick_cold
    Hi,

A newbie question: I already set classpath for some dll files. I try to run ddl files from their directory, it tells me:
    DB21061E Command line environment not initialized.

How can I init Command line environment to run ddls outside Command line processor?

regards,

Thanks, very helpful.

But do I have to put ddl or bat files in the bin directory?
    There must be a way to put them, and set up some kind of classpath to find them?

thanks,

Originally posted by dollar489
    type db2cmd on the command line or even better from the menu open up command window. Thereon you can run the ddl files.

dollar

If they are bat files, I assume Windows will be able to identify them using the PATH ...

If they are db2's ddl files, no, for any file you mention in a script, you need to give the full path(if no path, then it is the current directory) of your file ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by rick_cold
    Thanks, very helpful.

But do I have to put ddl or bat files in the bin directory?
    There must be a way to put them, and set up some kind of classpath to find them?

thanks,
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.