Unanswered: Data Warehouse Center

Hi people,
    I have to develop etl processes with the Data Warehouse Center and when i try to start this tool i see this error:

DWC06118E Your logon attempt to the warehouse server failed.

Explanation:
    The Data Warehouse Center client attempted to use all of the available local client IP addresses to communicate to the warehouse server. However, none of the local client IP addresses were able to
    receive responses from the warehouse server.

User Response: Verify that your warehouse server is active and that the TCP/IP communication
    between your local client and the warehouse server is active.

..How can i verify that the warehouse server is active? and that
    User Response: Verify that your warehouse server is active and that the TCP/IP communication between your local client and the warehouse server is active?

Thank you for your help.
    Rui

Hi,

According to my knowleadge it can be one of three things:

1. Username and password (both!!!) are case sensitive.

2. If your warehouse server is on Windows, check the Windows services: Warehouse server and Warehouse logger. Both must be started.

3. If your have your warehouse server and client on two separated computers, you need to configure the CLI connection with Client Configuration Assistant and then check the Advanced button at logon and enter the data about [i]control database[i/] and server host name.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Thanks for your help grofaty..I'll try this 3 options!

Originally posted by grofaty
    Hi,

According to my knowleadge it can be one of three things:

1. Username and password (both!!!) are case sensitive.

2. If your warehouse server is on Windows, check the Windows services: Warehouse server and Warehouse logger. Both must be started.

3. If your have your warehouse server and client on two separated computers, you need to configure the CLI connection with Client Configuration Assistant and then check the Advanced button at logon and enter the data about [i]control database[i/] and server host name.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty