Unanswered: upload excel....

How can i upload an excel file and the data in the excel file appear in the webpage and in database...using asp

first you would need an upload component to upload the excel file...then you would need to create a connection to the excel file and finally you would need to query the contents of the excel file and display it.

First let's deal with the timeout issue which can be a problem if a user is uploading a fairly large file (although perhaps you don't want the timeout increased too much because you DON'T want a user uploading a large file).

For pure ASP (i.e. non component) solutions (and I believe this would be true for component solutions too) can increase the timeout for the page:
    ' Script timeout in seconds for this page.
    ' (60 x 60 = 1 hour.)
    Server.ScriptTimeout = 60 * 60

Also the Anonymous Internet user needs Change permission on the folder that a file is going to be uploaded to and actually Full Access might be better if you are later going to use the FileSystemObject to delete a file.

Here is a resource for letting the user upload a file which is something that was unfortunately not built into ASP:

ASP File Upload Using VBScript by John R. Lewis - 7/10/2000
    http://www.aspzone.com/articles/john/aspUpload

And for connecting to the Excel file (assuming the first row contains the field names and it's in good table order:

Able Consulting - ADO Connection String Samples
    http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips