Unanswered: Sybase 12.5 Client Restriction

Hi All,

Has anyone come across this issue before?

We have an database installation program which uses the ADO to connect to any RDBMS system. When running a stored procedure script which contains more then 32KB of characters it give various errors. The same script file works happy in SQL Advantage. If we use Open Client 12.0 it works ok using the our installation program. If I remove all the spaces, comments etc from the script it run in fine. So I know it is a size issue somewhere. Other stored procedure scripts which are less then 32KB run in fine (about 300 of them).

The EBF tested our 9712 and 10205 for the client.
    Tested with ADO is 2.5 and 2.6

Cannot just remove the spaces etc as some of the failing stored procedures are still more then 32KB in size.

Regards

Richard Clarke
    COR STPS Ltd

Re: Sybase 12.5 Client Restriction

What happens when you use Open Client 12.5 and ODBC?

32K sounds like it may be an ADO restriction.

Using ADO/ODBC and OCS 12.0 EBF 10335 works fine with greater then 32KB. I am doing some tests to see if it any 32KB batch will fall over when using OCS 12.5. It works fine with Microsoft ODBC driver. So I don't think it is ADO itself, but the OCS library interaction with ADO.

Thanks for the suggestion, and other ideas?

Not much comes to mind immediately, I tend not to have scripts that large. I also tend to stick with ISQL, but that's just me.

Hi All,

worked out what the problem was. You need to use EBF 10969 or later. This cures lots of issues with Sybase OCS 12.5 and ODBC/OLEDB.

Regards

Richard....