Unanswered: Linking Table (Guys Plz help)

Guys Plz see if you can help in this. I have an Access database, I want to link it to ms project 2000 but I don't know if this can be done??

maybe you should explain what's going wrong!

if A can understand the format (...and i have no idea if it can!!), then you may be suffering from gates-think.

symptom: when you attempt to get external data ¦ link you cannot see your file in the list.

fix: use the file ¦ get external data ¦ link menus as usual, navigate to the directory where your data file is hiding, and then hit the Tools menu item in the navigation window. Delete ALL the current filter lines (whatever they are!) and Find. you can now see all files in the directory and you can try to link to whatever you like.

if A can understand the file format: fixed!

if not: explain.

izy

file type mpp which is ms project is not availabe in the drop down. I need someone to show me how to do it in Visual Basic. If A knows what he's talking about then he wouldn't think it's that simple.

Smile Thanks izyrider

izy thank you very very much. You are so smart. It worked.

it's not me that's smart: A is smarter than the A-GUI programmers allowed for!

izy

Izy,
    I"m sorry but acutaully it didn't work at all. I thought it did but it didn't the data which I saw was the data I transfered from ms project to excel back to access. When I try to link ms project I get a message "The ADP File is not in the correct formate.

then i'm sorry: A does not understand the format.

either you need to find some sort of add-on/in "filter" that helps A to understand, or you have to do it the hard way and crack/hack the file format in code.

A can read any file as a data stream and if the data stream has some sort of regular structure it can be parsed in code... personally i've never seen a .mpp so i've no idea how complicated the problem is.

either work on importing/parsing the files with the aid of a hex editor, or post two completely different small (PLEASE) .mpp files (if you have the usual gates-choice of fast-saves: say NO - reconstituting after fast-save is a nightmare!)

...and sorry the simple fix didn't do it!

izy