Unanswered: DTS cube processing from a non sa account

We are running a DTS package from a non-sa owned job and I am getting the following message:

A problem occurred while attempting to logon as the Windows user 'SQLAgentCmdExec': The parameter is incorrect.

When I set the Sql Agent proxy account to an windows administrator on the sql server it works fine.

However when the Sql Agent proxy account is not administrator I get the above error.

Please note that the Analysis Services is located on a different machine.

Thanks

Lior

Grant admin privileges to the SQLAgent service account, which is required to carry on such tasks and to overcome this issue.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

Originally posted by Satya
    Grant admin privileges to the SQLAgent service account, which is required to carry on such tasks and to overcome this issue.
    Do you mean that the sqlagent stratup account should be windows sys admin?

Can I do it with less power priviliges?

Thanks

Lior

You can do it, but you may have issues again if any of the jobs have to deal with admin tasks.

Its always better and recommended to keep SQL service accounts with Admin privileges on the box.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

Originally posted by Satya
    You can do it, but you may have issues again if any of the jobs have to deal with admin tasks.

Its always better and recommended to keep SQL service accounts with Admin privileges on the box.
    Hi,

Thanks again for your help.

Do you know what permissions are required for sql server to run cube processing that resides on a different machine.

Lior