Arrow Unanswered: Oracle Enterprise Edition and TOAD

Hi
    I had a question on the Oracle Enterprise Edition and TOAD.
    I wanted to know if the Oracle Enterprise Edition comes with TOAD, or TOAD is additional bucks.

I would appreciate your response, as I need to suggest TOAD here.
    Thanx and Regards
    Aruneesh

ORACLE <> TOAD <> ORACLE

TOAD is a separate product from a separate company at a separate price.

Many people confuse using TOAD with knowing Oracle. They're quite wrong.

I would always recommend not to let anyone loose on Toad before they've learnt Oracle/SqlPlus. Toad makes it too easy to do nasty things at the click of a button.

Hth
    Bill

TOAD

Hi

I understand your point here. It is very easy to disable accounts, just while learning TOAD. So it is only when a user has got a good understanding of SQLs and Oracle bits and pieces that he should go ahead with using TOAD.

Thanx and Regards
    Aruneesh

Yes, that's my main point.

Everything that TOAD does or shows you is just SQL being executed. It's lovely when you don't want to keep typing all of the time. Even with it's problems (lots of AV's per day, inaccurate dataset representation etc) I still believe it is at this moment the best Oracle tool available. Even with that, I still complain about it and recommend it :-)

It is also usefull for learning, there is (somewhere on one of it's menus) a "spool SQL" option so that you can see what it's doing. I have learnt a fair bit from looking at that and following what it's doing.

It is a great tool (I will still complain about it) but it is also a dangerous tool. It can also be very slow, just look in SYS.V$SQLAREA for all TOAD initiated queries to see it can be quite heavy on a busy Oracle database.

Cheers
    Bill