Unanswered: Change CSV file to XLS

Hi,

I want to automate my performance monitoring Reports(sql2000). So I need to import performance monitor output log file .CSV to a table. I feel converting this .CSV to .XLS is good way to importing the log thru DTS. Is there any command/ script to change the file type .CSV to .XLS, so that i can include this one into DTS Step.

thanks

Re: Change CSV file to XLS

Originally posted by krishna
    Hi,

I want to automate my performance monitoring Reports(sql2000). So I need to import performance monitor output log file .CSV to a table. I feel converting this .CSV to .XLS is good way to importing the log thru DTS. Is there any command/ script to change the file type .CSV to .XLS, so that i can include this one into DTS Step.

thanks

Why can you not import the csv file? What advantages does importing a .XLS file provide?

because, it is easy to import excel file than csv format.

DTS can handle .CSV files just as easy as it can handle .XLS files that is why I was askng for advantages. Sorry I couldn't help.

Originally posted by krishna
    because, it is easy to import excel file than csv format.

I don't see any issues in handling .CSV or .XLS by Excel and SQL server DTS.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

what datasouce i should use ? Microsoft Text-Treiber(*.txt,*.csv)?
    If i use this one as datasource for to import CSV file into table it is not converting datetime column. I was thinking of using Microsoft Excel for the datasource thats why i asked about converting csv to xls

use this converter

Use this online CSV to XLS Converter because its a very secure cloud API so i would recommend you to use this one.