Unanswered: postgresql 7.3.2 and vb5 *please help*

i am using the newer 7.3.2 version of postgresql and we jst switched up to it from 7.2.1 and i have a program that access the database and uses Left Outer Join to connect 2 tables. it worked like a charm in 7.2.1 but now that we have 7.3.2 it wont work. we still have the old server up and running but as soon as i get this fix we are dumping it. ok this is what happens i it will connect to both tables and get everything i need out of the first table and it goes into the second table and tryes to read it but it cant find anything. its like it thinks the table is empty or something.

these are the sql statements im using:

visual basic code:

Const sqlstatement = "Select * From inven as i Left Outer Join conn_xr as c on i.partnum = c.facpn"

visual basic code:

dbinven.RecordSource = _
    "Select * From inven as i Left Outer Join conn_xr as c on i.partnum = c.facpn WHERE i.partnum = '" & strGetRec & "'"
    dbfap.RecordSource = _
    "Select * From inven as i Left Outer Join conn_xr as c on i.partnum = c.facpn WHERE i.partnum = '" & strGetRec & "'"
    dbinven.Refresh
    dbfap.Refresh

does anyone know what or if they did anything to postgresql that would make this not work.

well if you need anymore info about what im trying to do jst ask. and thanks for taking the time to read and help me out.
    Last edited by big_k105; 07-23-03 at 18:23.

upgrading odbc

maybe you try to upgrade the odbc driver
    there were many improvments from 7.2.x to 7.3.x

otherwise i don't knwo the query is not so unusual
    http://www.postgresql.org
    --Postgresql is the only kind of thing--

yeah we got it figured out what it was was the tool that he (guy that admins the database) used to load the table from a text file didnt work like it was suppose to and it added trailing blanks in the data and that made it not find anything in the second table. so he wrote a script that would load the table from a text file adn cut off the trailing blanks and now it works like a charm.

thanks for the reply.

Thumbs up ADO

What about using ADO ?
    Open up
    Take a look to my Blog http://www.rundom.com/karim2k