Unanswered: Need help setting up database

Hi,

I am a beginner to Access. Please bear with me.
    I have one table called “tblElbow” with information about pipe elbows. Within this table, there are various sizes, degrees, materials and dimensions for the elbows. I am looking for a simple solution like maybe a form with some combo boxes that the user can choose from to reach one unique record in the table that will provide all the information about that record. Can anyone provide me with a fairly easy solution to do this? If this is not enough info, please ask for more.

Try using the wizard to create a combo box to find the record.

When u use the wizard to set up the combobox select the third option. Hope this what u are after.

How do I make the values unique in the combo box? For example, there are many elbows with the same size. I want to be able to select one size and have the form filter for that size. Then I want to create another combo bos to filter by the next criteria and so forth, until I reach 1 record.

It sound like u are after cascading combos that narrows down the selections.

Ive attached a sample
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can't open the file. It says it is a read-only and the first time that you open a previous version file you must be able to write to it. I have Access 2000.

Sorry about that!. search thru this forum for heaps of examples. Im sure that u will find what u are after.

Originally posted by pt32
    I can't open the file. It says it is a read-only and the first time that you open a previous version file you must be able to write to it. I have Access 2000.

Try this forum and do a search

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...p?s=&forumid=9

Originally posted by billjov
    Sorry about that!. search thru this forum for heaps of examples. Im sure that u will find what u are after.

Originally posted by billjov
    Try this forum and do a search

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...p?s=&forumid=9
    Thanks for all your help and info. I will search that database for answers as well as read a book a friend loaned me on Visual Basic.

Thanks Again

No problems!