Unhappy Empty bodies of messages

A bit of background first:

Solaris 8 on an E420R
    Apache 1.3.20
    PHP 4.0.5
    MySQL 3.23.39

I've got vB installed fine and it works great. I've downloaded your hack and it works (you need a config option for the path to ps - on solaris the ps you want lives in /usr/ucb - thats where all the BSD compatible binaries live) to the extent that it will allow me to use the control panel, and the newnews.pl script runs without any warnings or obvious errors, happily synching away to the INN server.

However, the bodies of the messages are blank. Any ideas?

My first guess is that you have a replacement regular expression set up in the usenet control panel that inadvertently removes the entire message.

It would be better if you posted this over at the vB forums in the usenet hack thread http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...&threadid=7100.

Question

Originally posted by Paul
    My first guess is that you have a replacement regular expression set up in the usenet control panel that inadvertently removes the entire message.
    Nope, I've not done any customisation at this point.

It would be better if you posted this over at the vB forums in the usenet hack thread http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...&threadid=7100.
    Sure thing Sorry for posting it here - I wasn't sure where the correct place to ask questions about your hack was. I'll repost over there.

Thanks.

is it this problem solved now or it exists.

DBForums is doing some maintenance to remove old threads and (UseNet based) forums. This can cause a similar problem to the one that this thread refers to, but the cause is completely different (because both the thread and the forum that contains it are in the process of being deleted).

-PatP