Question Unanswered: Flash intro to a form

Hello all!

I made an application based on an access form for my final year of study. Since I have to present to my teachers for a final examination, I want to impress them!!!

That's why I want to give to my application a professional look, and have, sort of like any regular program, a loading window appear before using the program itself (just like in photoshop or any program where there's a nice image and infos while you are waiting for it to load fonts and stuffs...).

How could I do this??

Insert a flash loop or an image before running the application?

What do you all think of this?

Cheers
    nico

How about a modal startup form, which closes wither when you hit continue or after a timer interval?

I beleive they call that a splash screen. I use one for all my apps to give them something to look at while I lookup their userid and set session parameters.

Use Tools=> Startup and select your splash form from the Display Form listbox. I put one big image in an image control that's the same size as the form, but I bet you can use an OLE container to display an .swf object as well (or you could use the Browser object and preset it to display a flash page from yours or another website).

Also set your startup form properties "Border = None" to give it that professional look.

Use "docmd.close" to close the window after your code is run (if no code, use a counter or timer).

Thumbs up

Wow thx for the tip this looks good!!!
    I'll try it as soon as I can 'cuz I still have to fix form bugs but I'm keeping your answer in mind!!
    Could you please attach a sample of the form that you are talking about in your post so that I can see how you did?

cheers

Plus set the
    Navigation Buttons = No
    Scroll Bars = Neither

Splash Screen

I selected a form to start with.
    But I have some code which I should run as soon as I start the program, so I put it in the form_load event of my startup-form.
    My problem is that it doesn't show my form when starting, I suppose because it's still in the form_load event.
    How can I solve this?

Thanks
    Last edited by artemide; 08-26-03 at 07:24.