Datanamic announced DeZign for Databases 3.0, a significant upgrade to its powerful, easy-to-use database design and modeling product. This new release offers powerful sub-diagram management facilities, a complete new look and feel, many new and enhanced modeling features, a new scripting engine and support for stored procedures and triggers.
DeZign for Databases is a database development tool using an entity relationship diagram. It provides full support for ER-modeling (Entity-Relationship) techniques. DeZign for Databases visually supports the layout of entities and relationships and automatically generates most popular SQL and desktop databases.
** New features
* Subdiagrams (one project can hold multiple subdiagrams).
* New scripting engine so you can easily create your own export scripts.
* Individual object formatting.
* New user interface
* Added support for the creation of databases for Advantage DB, DBISAM, Pervasive SQL and FoxPro.
* Direct MS Access database generation.
* Added support for triggers, stored procedures and sequences.
** System Requirements and Database Support
DeZign for Databases runs on Win32 platforms including Windows NT (3.51 & 4.0) and Windows 95, 98/ME, 2000 and XP. DeZign
for Databases supports Oracle, MySQL, Interbase, Sybase, MS SQL Server, MS Access, DB2, Paradox, FoxPro, Clipper, PostgreSQL, DBISAM, Advantage DB and Pervasive SQL.
** Pricing and availability
DeZign for Databases 3.0 software is available for US $229. Current users of DeZign for Databases may upgrade for US $119. DeZign for Databases is available from the Datanamic corporate Web site at http://www.datanamic.com/dezign/.