Unanswered: report (IIf/Nz) question

Greetings,

I have design a report to determine the total # of applicants in a given fiscal year. When the user clicks on “Fiscal Year Report” the following dialog box will appear, and the user can also change the dates for a desire year.

Start Fiscal Year: 01/07/02
    End Fiscal Year: 06/30/03

At the bottom I have =Sum([Jan]), =Sum([Feb]) etc. for fiscal year total. When the user changes the year, let’s say 06 – 07, since there is no data, I was trying to get the report to show nothing (blank), instead of #Error. I used IIf, Nz, IsNull etc. several ways and wasn’t successful. Can anybody tell me the correct syntax to use?

Thanks,
    DD

I used this little trick:

Private Sub Form_Load()
    ReSizeForm Me
    DoCmd.SetWarnings False
    If IsNumeric(Me.bc) Then
    If Me.S2 <> "" Then
    Me.Comando79.Enabled = True
    Else
    Me.Comando79.Enabled = False
    End If
    Else
    MsgBox "No data found", 0, "Alert"
    End If
    End Sub

s2 is just a control on the form or the report itself taken from the query you use to create the report.

I did use it for a form but you can use it for the report as well.

Another way round is to create a hidden control that counts the results. If the control is blank then you've got no results!

Hope this helps. If think about it a while you should find the solution like I did without any help.
    Marco
    ---Do not send e-mail---
    "New Big Bang Theory: God said unzip universe"

Re: report (IIf/Nz) question

Originally posted by OCM
    Greetings,

I have design a report to determine the total # of applicants in a given fiscal year. When the user clicks on “Fiscal Year Report” the following dialog box will appear, and the user can also change the dates for a desire year.

Start Fiscal Year: 01/07/02
    End Fiscal Year: 06/30/03

At the bottom I have =Sum([Jan]), =Sum([Feb]) etc. for fiscal year total. When the user changes the year, let’s say 06 – 07, since there is no data, I was trying to get the report to show nothing (blank), instead of #Error. I used IIf, Nz, IsNull etc. several ways and wasn’t successful. Can anybody tell me the correct syntax to use?

Thanks,
    DD
    Have you tried IsError ... iif(IsError[sum([jan])],"",sum([jan])
    Please check the bracketing and parenthesis as it is difficult to count this late in the day ...
    Mona