Unanswered: Access Front End?

Is there any way to set up a database, that was access but I transfered it into SQL 2000 using DTS, so that the front end of the database is using Access 2000 but the backend is SQL Server 2000? I want to do this, or something like it so that people can use the database to create queries and reports, but utilizing the SQL database.

You can link the SQL Server through an ODBC data source within the Access db. You have to be careful though, that some SQL data types are not recognized/supported in Access. If I remember correctly, bigint is one of them I think.
    Johan

I did that and it will not allow me to add or delete records (using the access front end) in the tables that I have linked back to the SQL database. Any ideas why?

Does the account you used to set up your ODBC connection have the necessary permissions to delete files in the database?

Do the tables in question have a primary key/unique identifier as this is required if connecting through an ADP or OLEDB connection.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    There have been many posts made throughout the world.
    This was one of them.

Here's a "new" problem. I have this database set up so that it has an access front-end and an SQL backend. When I open the database on a computer with the SQL Server client installed it runs fine. When I open the database (access front-end) on a computer without the SQL client installed it prompts me to enter some login information to connect to the server. Is there any way to modify this front-end/backend so that the login information is automatically entered and it does not prompt the user to enter it?
    "Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all."
    - Bob Marley