Arrow Unanswered: Question Related to SSH

Hi
    It is not exactly a question related to shell scripts, but to do with SSH. (secure shell).

I am doing port forwarding on my PC so that request is sent through SSH tunnel to the server.

Now everytime I have to do that I have start ttssh (ssh client) and provide the user name and password, to create the tunnel.

Is there is better way to automate that process of creating the tunnel, by providing the user and password automatically. Point to note here, is that since it is a secure server, I cant use the public/private key option.

Help would be much appreciated.
    Thanx and Regards
    Aruneesh

Re: Question Related to SSH

Originally posted by aruneeshsalhotr
    Hi
    It is not exactly a question related to shell scripts, but to do with SSH. (secure shell).

I am doing port forwarding on my PC so that request is sent through SSH tunnel to the server.

Now everytime I have to do that I have start ttssh (ssh client) and provide the user name and password, to create the tunnel.

Is there is better way to automate that process of creating the tunnel, by providing the user and password automatically. Point to note here, is that since it is a secure server, I cant use the public/private key option.

Help would be much appreciated.
    Thanx and Regards
    Aruneesh
    Hi Aruneesh,

To prove with product Reflexio X.

Gustavo.

The only way you are going to be able to do it is with keys. Keys are actually more secure than passphrase authentication. One option you have is to leave the password on your keys but run ssh-agent so it will keep the password in memory for you and handle the authentication requests. That way you will only have to type in your password once per reboot.