Unanswered: Text results to FM, help!

Hopefully someone can help or point me in the right direction. I've got a FM 6 database for a student registration system, it grades tests via js file but I'm finding it difficult to import these text results into FM field "results".

Think the placement of the js file is stumping me. Any ideas?

I don't understand your question. If you could reword, I'd be happy to try and help.

What do you mean by, "it grades tests by js files"? What is a js file? Is it a JavaScript file? Do you have a JavaScript file that parses a text file from the file system, looking for question/answer matches? Or do you have a web based form that determines correct answers client-side? Or do you have an ASP solution written in JScript (js files, too) that checks answers against questions in a database accessed via JScript on the server-side?

It's a JavaScript file that parses a text file from the file system, looking for question/answer matches. the result of the quiz I'm hoping to import into registration:results. I've seen how to pull fields from FMP and enter text , but not a value generated from a JavaScript file that parses a text file from the file system.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi, folks! I believe jellyroll received help in another online forum but the answer is too long (11 posts) to put here. Suffice it to say there was more than 1 thing that needed correcting, but I think jellyroll got the answers needed enough to move on with the project. Please correct me, jellyroll, if I am incorrect and you would like more feedback on this problem.
    --ST

Tokens vs Cookies

Thanks Steve T. The question has changed a little now. Is there a way to use tokens that carryover to a popup window? Currently I keep losing the thread. Or can I use cookies to suppliment for a token, and some how import the data back to the token?

I heard good things about Lasso and session threads. But not sure what the limits of cookies/tokens are.

You should be able to reference data from the parent window with a javascript call like:

window.opener.object.object...

This retrieves data from the window that opened the child (popup) window. I assume you're creating a child window from a parent window, with the code for the child window being generated in the parent window using client-side javascript.

If on the other hand you are creating a new window based on the contents of a URL, then you should be able to pass tokens to the server script like normal (no special behavior for a child window, it just behaves like a normal response page). I'm not sure what the Lasso syntax is for passing tokens.

The main difference between tokens and cookies is that cookies reside on the client computer, and tokens are passed from page to page via the URL without being stored on the client computer.