Unanswered: Connecting to Database Problem

I am using XP Professional (newly installed) with IIS 5.1 and I am working with a site I create using Dreamweaver MX and Access 2000.

When I work on the site on my win98 machine using PWS I have no problems getting my site to work.

BUT when I use the site on the new XP machine I get this message when I try to access one of the pages that requires interaction with the database file:

Error Type:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
    /alumni/Default.asp, line 14

I have seen this error message discussed quite a bit on this site (and on Google searches) and I have tried many of the suggestions for fixing this - including checking the database permissions and the folder permissions for the database and making sure that the IUSR_machine account allows for anonymous logins.

I am stuck at this point and would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

I don't know what else you've tried besides folder permissions (which isn't the case since it worked with a 98 machine)

but try giving this a shot if you haven't already...

http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1