Unanswered: Redirected Restore question

Hello gurus:

We will need to do a redirected restore from our DB2 UDB 7.2 DB on AIX 4.3.3 (both DB and OS are 32 bit) to another AIX server with DB2 UDB 8.1.2 and AIX 5.2L installed (both also 32 bit). Can I perform a redirected restore from two different versions of DB2 UDB or do I need to do something special to make this work? We want to clone the original DB into our new version of DB2 UDB. Thanks!

Scott

Re: Redirected Restore question

Your question has been answered by Marcus_A in a previous post ...

You can restore redirect of a v7 database into v8 .. the restoration process should automatically migrate the database ...

You will have to put tbe redirect related scripts into the same script file and execute it

Eg:
    Script : restore_prod.db2

restore db prod into test use tsm taken at 20030701 redirect;

set tablespace containers for 10 using (file 'abc.dat' 10000) ;

restore db prod continue ;

And from the command line, issue

db2 -tvf restore_prod.db2 > restore_prod.out

Cheers

Sathyaram
    Originally posted by mixxalot
    Hello gurus:

We will need to do a redirected restore from our DB2 UDB 7.2 DB on AIX 4.3.3 (both DB and OS are 32 bit) to another AIX server with DB2 UDB 8.1.2 and AIX 5.2L installed (both also 32 bit). Can I perform a redirected restore from two different versions of DB2 UDB or do I need to do something special to make this work? We want to clone the original DB into our new version of DB2 UDB. Thanks!

Scott
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

thanks here is a good upgrade book

Got it. I found the upgrade details in the Quick Beginnings Guide for DB2 UDB 8.1, Fixpack 2 for DB2 8.1.2 and especially in the

Up and Running with DB2 UDB ESE: Partitioning for Performance in an e-Business Intelligence World

http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redb...ht=0,migration

Sorry for the long link.

Scott