Thread: db2updv8

Post Unanswered: db2updv8

After installation of udb v8 fixpak 2 on an aix server, I created a sample database to validate the installation. Should db2updv8 be executed? Or should db2updv8 only be executed after restoring a database from a lower level. Any thoughts?

Re: db2updv8

Usage Notes for db2updv8 from the db2 manuals:

Usage notes
    This tool can only be used on a database running DB2 Version 28.1.2 or later. If the command is issued more than once, 2no errors are reported and each of the catalog updates is applied only 2once.
    To enable the new built-in functions, all applications must disconnect from the database and the database must be deactivated if it has been activated.

Does this answer your quest ?

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by drogers
    After installation of udb v8 fixpak 2 on an aix server, I created a sample database to validate the installation. Should db2updv8 be executed? Or should db2updv8 only be executed after restoring a database from a lower level. Any thoughts?
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Question Re: db2updv8

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Usage Notes for db2updv8 from the db2 manuals:

Usage notes
    This tool can only be used on a database running DB2 Version 28.1.2 or later. If the command is issued more than once, 2no errors are reported and each of the catalog updates is applied only 2once.
    To enable the new built-in functions, all applications must disconnect from the database and the database must be deactivated if it has been activated.

Does this answer your quest ?

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Not exactly, if the database is created AFTER UDB V8.1.2 do you still have to run DB2UPDV8? Or is DB2UPDV8 run on restored databases created BEFORE UDB V8.1.2 was installed? Thoughts?

Don't know for sure ...

But I remember that any new database created after applying fixpak will be having the new functions

Cheers

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Don't know for sure ...

But I remember that any new database created after applying fixpak will be having the new functions

Cheers

Sathyaram
    Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. That was my thinking as well. It would seem logical that any database created after applying the fixpak would have all the the v8 functionality.

regards, denise