Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6

    Unanswered: Error installing

    I am getting errors when trying to install DB2 V7 onto the newest distro of RedHat. I can install all packages, but when it goes to create an admin server or create an instance i get the following errors:

    Example: Instance
    Code:
    Command to be executed:
    
    
    /usr/IBMdb@/V7.1/instance/dasicrt db2as
    
    Output log of the above command:
    /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/instance/db2icknm: relocation error: /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/lib/libdb2.so.1: symbol _res, version GLIBC_2.0 no defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
    DBI1069E Unexpected error.  Funciton = get_instance, Return code = 127.
    
    Explanation: An unexpected error occurred during the execution of this program.
    
    DBI1079I Output is saved in the log file /tmp/dasicrt.log.525
    
    Command failed.  Return code = 1.
    I truly hope someone can help!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6

    Smile

    Thank you, search didn't work well for me yesterday

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6
    Thanks for the link, but the version I am running is V7.1 and does not require any Java interface. Rather, it is a text based interface. It seems I can install all software but when I run the instance or admin server install it gives me the errors as above. I also noticed when I try intalling it says it cannot change an existing password of either the instance or the administration server, however I have never had the program successfully install an instance or admin server, so it should not have any instance names or passwords.

    Any help is very much appreciated.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6
    No one has heard anything of these errors? I have tried the IBM site and haven't found anything there.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650
    I think there will be very few trying V7 on RH9 ...

    I will suggest that you do not use V7 on RH9 as this is not a supported configuration ...

    Sathyaram

    Originally posted by Axoliien
    No one has heard anything of these errors? I have tried the IBM site and haven't found anything there.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6
    Thanks for try though. Well its more than that, I got it on RH8 also so that's why I tried onto RH9, it just keeps giving the same errors. I was hoping someone knew what this error meant.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1

    Arrow same question!!!

    Originally posted by Axoliien
    Thanks for try though. Well its more than that, I got it on RH8 also so that's why I tried onto RH9, it just keeps giving the same errors. I was hoping someone knew what this error meant.
    I have the same problem with you when I install db2 on my rh7.3 ,
    I have just found some word maybe usefull for us by GOOGLE

    :_________________________________________________ _______

    GLUG Meeting on 13th July, 4pm at KReSIT, IIT Campusm, Powai. -------------------------------------
    Pankaj Sarda wrote:

    Previously we installed DB2 Version 7.1 on Red Hat Linux 7.2.

    For us Installing Db2 same version onto Red Hat 9 is first time.

    from the above and with the errors from your log file...

    > /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/instance/db2icrt -a CLIENT -u db2inst1 db2inst1

    > Output log of the above command:
    > /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/instance/db2icknm: relocation error: > /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/lib/libdb2.so.1: symbol _res, version GLIBC_2.0 not
    > defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
    > DBI1069E Unexpected error. Function = get_instance, Return code = > 127.


    your problem is almost certain to be with the symbols (glibc). chances
    are that you will have to get a version compiled against RedHat 9


    specifically ( from your log file ), one of these seems to be the
    executable ( binary ) causing the problem.

    /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/instance/db2icrt -a CLIENT -u db2inst1 db2inst1

    /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/instance/db2icknm


    ==
    Might I suggest a quick fix. ( not a fool proff method, more of a
    "hack" ) . Try at your own risk.


    - I have never worked with DB2 and the error could be from
    elsewhere

    1. Do an ldd ( "ldd" ) against these files as in:


    "ldd db2icrt",
    "ldd db2icknm"

    this would be the most important IMHO
    "ldd /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/lib/libdb2.so.1"
    this file seems to be linked against something specific in the libc of 7.2 which it is not finding in that of 9


    See what files are missing (dependencies) and copy the reqd.
    files from redhat 7.2 into 9.
    that may do the trick.

    _DO_ _NOT_ OVERWRITE ANY FILES OF REDHAT 9 though, otherwise you could end up with broken system. and definetly do _NOT_ touch the existing libc of RHL 9.

    also in case any files are indeed missing, you may have to try out a few locations since, you may not be told where the files are expected to be found.


    This is not certain to fix the issue but it just might be a way out.
    this is a "hack" and standard disclaimers apply here :-)


    C'ya
    ERLE

    ________________________________________________

    If you have the method to this problem can you mail me :
    moneytea@xinhuanet.com
    thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •