Question Unanswered: Anybody have experience with DB2 clustering???

Hi,

I have few questions regarding implentation and testing of DB2 Clustering using Win2K Adv Server (MSCS)??? I have successfully installed and configured DB2 on MSCS cluster. I need to know wha will I have to modify my in-house app to use the Cluster IP address to access the DB2 instance regardless of which node it exsists on in the event of failure. Currently the app works fine but was designed to use JDBC on the local maching (database and app server were installed on the same machine)

Help is much appreciated

Dave

Re: Anybody have experience with DB2 clustering???

Just set it up to use a alias, Then when the cluster fails over have that alias changed automatically to the new IP address.

Re: Anybody have experience with DB2 clustering???

Thanks for your response, could you be more specific on how do I go about doing this. The current Alias of our dev enviro is FLDEV. How do I add the Cluster IP address with Alias to the JDBC driver. I have found that apparently you can use type 4 jdbc connection to specify the IP address ( please see attached word document). But because of my lack of knowledge and exprerience with DB2, it's not enough.

Thank you

Dave

Originally posted by quigleyd
    Just set it up to use a alias, Then when the cluster fails over have that alias changed automatically to the new IP address.

Anybody

Anybody have any further comments??????

please read the attached word doc.

Thanx

Dave