Unanswered: Terminal services Printing problems

Hi,

I'm having problems printing to local printers using a SQL db in terminal services. If I logon to the server (SBS) and run the application from the desktop icon. No problems, local printing OK, but if I set the users environment, so that when they logon. The SQL db app launches straight away (no desktop displayed, and and when app is exited, TS user is logged out automatically). When I print I can select the local print from the print menu. but it doesn't print. No error messages either.
    Any help grealy appreciated.

Rob

How about user privileges on the local printer?
    Check information from event viewer log.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

How about user privileges on the local printer?
    Check information from event viewer log.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

Re: Terminal services Printing problems

This is a common problem with Terminal Service under Win 2000 (it has to do witj port mapping). You should use Cytrix, or upgrade to Win2003 server.

ionut

Originally posted by robbed
    Hi,

I'm having problems printing to local printers using a SQL db in terminal services. If I logon to the server (SBS) and run the application from the desktop icon. No problems, local printing OK, but if I set the users environment, so that when they logon. The SQL db app launches straight away (no desktop displayed, and and when app is exited, TS user is logged out automatically). When I print I can select the local print from the print menu. but it doesn't print. No error messages either.
    Any help grealy appreciated.

Rob