Angry Unanswered: Problem running db2ca

I installed just the db2 Administrative Client v8.1 on a RH 7.3 box. I'm brand new to DB2, and I'm having some serious issues.

My understanding is that I need to run the db2 Configuration Assistant (db2ca) in order to set up database resources. When I run this command, all I see is the following output:

DB2JAVIT : RC = 9501
    DB2INSTANCE : -2029059916

I installed the IBM 1.3 JDK (was using 1.4, which I heard is broken), and changed my path to point there. Unfortunately, this didn't help.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Will

Re: Problem running db2ca

Originally posted by wrbriggs
    I installed just the db2 Administrative Client v8.1 on a RH 7.3 box. I'm brand new to DB2, and I'm having some serious issues.

My understanding is that I need to run the db2 Configuration Assistant (db2ca) in order to set up database resources. When I run this command, all I see is the following output:

DB2JAVIT : RC = 9501
    DB2INSTANCE : -2029059916

I installed the IBM 1.3 JDK (was using 1.4, which I heard is broken), and changed my path to point there. Unfortunately, this didn't help.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Will
    At me the same problem.
    How her to solve?

Sameone please help.

You can do most of the 'configuration assistant ' tasks on the command line

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerwork...301chong2.html

HTH

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

You don't need Client Configuration Assistant. Instead, you can just catalog remote nodes and databases with the proper commands from the CLI. See the Command Reference for details about cataloguing a remote or local node and database.

You can also catalog nodes and databases with the Control Center by right clicking on the resource you want to catalog (system, instance, or database) and selecting the "ADD" function. You can use the "discover" option to automatically search the network for remote databases if the server is set up with the DISCOVER option enabled (exists at the instance and database level).

I have never run just the client on Linux unless the DB2 server was also on the same machine. But I got IBMJava2-141 working fine with DB2 server on RH9 and issued the following command:

db2 update dbm cfg using JDK_PATH /opt/IBMJava2-141

I don't know if this works with only a client (and no server) installed on Linux.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390