Question Unanswered: loadjava doesnt work (urgent)

Hi

I am desperately trying to learn how to use java stored procedures and I have been unable to get ahead so far.

One thing I managed to do is get the JVM installed, activated. I also confirmed that on of java objects were large enough using the following query.
    SELECT COUNT(*) AS "TOTAL_JAVA_OBJECTS" FROM DBA_OBJECTS WHERE OBJECT_TYPE LIKE 'JAVA%';

This gives me 6786 rows.

Also there are no invalid java objects.
    SELECT COUNT(*) AS "TOTAL_INVALID_JAVA_OBJECTS" FROM DBA_OBJECTS WHERE OBJECT_TYPE LIKE 'JAVA%' AND STATUS = 'INVALID';

NOW when I use command line loadjava (from unix bash), it hangs on me and JRE (in unix TOP) shows 70-90% CPU usage.

loadjava -u user/password -resolve Dba.class

I also tried loading the same from TOAD, and get the below attached errors.

This is urgent, as I have been struggling for more than a week now to get it figured out.

I would appreciate help on this.
    Thanx and Regards
    Aruneesh

18:29:35 Info: Started loading Java Objects..., 18:29:35 Info: Loading C:\Dba.java ..., 18:29:36 Info: internal error: unanticipated exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/aurora/sqljdecl/SqljDecl,

18:29:36 Info: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/aurora/sqljdecl/SqljDecl, 18:29:36 Info: at oracle.aurora.server.tools.loadjava.SourceFileRead er.getScanner(SourceFileReader.java:52), 18:29:36 Info: at oracle.aurora.server.tools.loadjava.SourceFileRead er.getFirstName(SourceFileReader.java:61), 18:29:36 Info: at oracle.aurora.server.tools.loadjava.LoadJava.noteS ource(LoadJava.java:2427), 18:29:36 Info: at oracle.aurora.server.tools.loadjava.LoadJava.proce ssLoadAndCreate(LoadJava.java:1587), 18:29:36 Info: at oracle.aurora.server.tools.loadjava.LoadJava.proce ssLoadAndCreate(LoadJava.java:1513), 18:29:36 Info: at oracle.aurora.server.tools.loadjava.LoadJava.proce ss(LoadJava.java:1422), 18:29:36 Info: at oracle.aurora.server.tools.loadjava.LoadJavaMain.r un(LoadJavaMain.java:299), 18:29:36 Info: at oracle.aurora.server.tools.loadjava.LoadJavaMain.m ain(LoadJavaMain.java:58), 18:29:36 Info: resolver :, 18:29:36 Info: loadjava: 1 errors, 18:29:36 Info: Loaded successfully, 18:29:36 Info: Java Load Completed: Files that have already been loaded that have not changed have not been loaded again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by aruneeshsalhotr; 07-30-03 at 20:16.

Arrow Finally some success through TOAD

Hi,
    I was able to load the class into Aurora JVM using TOAD, though loadjava behaviour is slightly unclear.

I compiled the java file, and obtained the .class file.
    I used TOAD to load the class into into the JVM, and then I created the call spec.
    I am able to call the java procedure from anywhere now.

But since I am using an evaluation copy of TOAD, so I would need to know how to get the loadjava started somehow.

I set the classpath correctly as
    /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/sqlj/lib/translator.zip:/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/sqlj/lib/runtime.zip:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_02/jre/lib/rt.jar:

But still I am facing the problem that I cant load the class file into the JVM.
    Thanx and Regards
    Aruneesh

Anyone ???

Hi
    I even tried setting the JRECLASSPATH env variable to

/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/sqlj/lib/translator.zip:/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/sqlj/lib/runtime.zip:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_02/jre/lib/rt.jar:

I also set the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.18 (version of my linux kernel).
    Anyone has any leads on this.

Thanx and Regards
    Aruneesh

Arrow Got it to work, finally.

Hi
    If anyone has any questions regarding this, anybody has any issues with loadjava hanging and taking CPU to 99% usage, send me a PM or an email to aruneeshsalhotra@yahoo.com.

I am finally well versed in loading class into the Aurora JVM (Oracle).
    Thanx and Regards
    Aruneesh