Thread: DB2 License Key

Unanswered: DB2 License Key

Hello,

I installed an evaluation copy of DB2 V8.1 on windows.
    After 90 days the evaluation period expired.

I need DB2 as a developer and have heard that there are special developer licenses one can buy.

Now my question:
    is it possible to add the license key later or are there different DB2 binaries for the licensed version?

Thanks in advance,
    Simone

Re: DB2 License Key

If you are using at home, reinstall the software or download a free copy of personal dev edition ...

Or if you want it boxed from IBM, pay $48 ... This will include additional software, I think ...

Following the How to Buy link :
    http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/st...76380&x=12&y=5

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by Simone4
    Hello,

I installed an evaluation copy of DB2 V8.1 on windows.
    After 90 days the evaluation period expired.

I need DB2 as a developer and have heard that there are special developer licenses one can buy.

Now my question:
    is it possible to add the license key later or are there different DB2 binaries for the licensed version?

Thanks in advance,
    Simone
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi Sathyaram,

thanks for the fast reply!

I need it for commercial usage. So I guess I have to buy the Developer Edition for 864 $

Do you know if I can install the license key on an eval copy, or is there the need to install DB2 new (from different bought DB2 binaries)

Thanks,
    Simone

Have a look at the db2licm command ...

If you have a licence file (*.LIC I remember), you can use this command to update your license ... This file should be available in the product package

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by Simone4
    Hi Sathyaram,

thanks for the fast reply!

I need it for commercial usage. So I guess I have to buy the Developer Edition for 864 $

Do you know if I can install the license key on an eval copy, or is there the need to install DB2 new (from different bought DB2 binaries)

Thanks,
    Simone
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.