Unhappy Unanswered: dos app. with breqnt too slow on win XP

we use an old dos application with brequest (breqnt.exe) over tcp/ip and ipx spx. it works fine on win9x clients but bit windows 2000 and xp its too slow. how can i fix it?

thanks

Re: dos app. with breqnt too slow on win XP

Hi,

I'm not sure which version of Pervasive.SQL you are using, but for 2000i or V8, the preferred Requester for Windows 9X/NT/2000/XP is the 32-bit requester called BTRBOX. You can use this Requester even for legacy DOS applications.

Information about the requesters, such as how to install them, is located in the Getting Started manual (Server edition). You may access the manuals online from here:
    http://www.pervasive.com/support/tec...ne_manuals.asp

Use the BREQUEST/BREQNT/BREQTCP Requesters ONLY if you experience a problem with BTRBOX.

Here's some additional information for Pervasive.SQL 2000 and Pervasive.SQL v7:

1. If TCP/IP support is needed on some or all workstations, the BTRBOX configuration should be used, as it will perform significantly better than the BREQTCP requester.
    2. The best SPX configuration is provided with the BTRBOX, which performs about the same as the BTRBOX with TCP/IP.
    3. The Brequest/Breqnt is by far the slowest option.

Regards,
    Tim
    Pervasive Technical Publications

Originally posted by sermet
    we use an old dos application with brequest (breqnt.exe) over tcp/ip and ipx spx. it works fine on win9x clients but bit windows 2000 and xp its too slow. how can i fix it?

thanks

Re: dos app. with breqnt too slow on win XP

thanx for your reply,

i use pervasive sql v.7 on server. client computers firstly run breqnt.exe than our program starts. as i said, in win98 clent there isn t any problem. but in win xp program works too slow. i can t find ant support about this.

Originally posted by Tim Meiers
    Hi,

I'm not sure which version of Pervasive.SQL you are using, but for 2000i or V8, the preferred Requester for Windows 9X/NT/2000/XP is the 32-bit requester called BTRBOX. You can use this Requester even for legacy DOS applications.

Information about the requesters, such as how to install them, is located in the Getting Started manual (Server edition). You may access the manuals online from here:
    http://www.pervasive.com/support/tec...ne_manuals.asp

Use the BREQUEST/BREQNT/BREQTCP Requesters ONLY if you experience a problem with BTRBOX.

Here's some additional information for Pervasive.SQL 2000 and Pervasive.SQL v7:

1. If TCP/IP support is needed on some or all workstations, the BTRBOX configuration should be used, as it will perform significantly better than the BREQTCP requester.
    2. The best SPX configuration is provided with the BTRBOX, which performs about the same as the BTRBOX with TCP/IP.
    3. The Brequest/Breqnt is by far the slowest option.

Regards,
    Tim
    Pervasive Technical Publications