Unanswered: Auto Number Data Type?

Is there a data type like Access's auto number that will automatically assign a record a number? I transfered a database from Access 2000 to SQL 2000 and it did not preserve the autonumber datatype.
    "Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all."
    - Bob Marley

Identity is the SQL Server equivalent to the Access autonumber.

When I open a table in design view and I change a datatype I do not see Identity in the list.
    "Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all."
    - Bob Marley

Identity is property not a data type.
    Chose a INT type for instance, then (in the bottom of the design screen - columns panel) specify if that's an identity column, the seed and increment eventually.

Originally posted by aaronshover
    When I open a table in design view and I change a datatype I do not see Identity in the list.
    Steve

Thanks, that helped. I got it working now.
    - Bob Marley