Unanswered: multi user problem?

Hello there,

I'm avoiding a mutating table problem. A built a package(declared some arrays). I made a before-statement-trigger which deletes the arrays, a before-eachrow-trigger which fills the array with all the data and an after-statement trigger which does the actual processing. NOW!! What if someone updated a record and my after-statement trigger is busy with my array. Now, another user is updating another record from the same table. This will result in emptying the package which was used at that moment for processing of data. Is this possible and is there a workaround if it is possible?

Provided Answers: 1

Re: multi user problem?

Originally posted by thepercival
    Hello there,

I'm avoiding a mutating table problem. A built a package(declared some arrays). I made a before-statement-trigger which deletes the arrays, a before-eachrow-trigger which fills the array with all the data and an after-statement trigger which does the actual processing. NOW!! What if someone updated a record and my after-statement trigger is busy with my array. Now, another user is updating another record from the same table. This will result in emptying the package which was used at that moment for processing of data. Is this possible and is there a workaround if it is possible?
    Don't worry: package state (variables etc.) is private to each session, so there will be no conflict between users.

sacasc

thank you thousand times, we are very gracefull.