Unanswered: How Do You Connect??

I have a database on a web server, and i want to connect to this database to upload my tables.

How do i do this and what software to i need???

I have a login and password to my database, is this all i need?

I am new to this and have a slight understanding but keep getting error messages.

Slowly loosing patients, can anybody help???

You should tell us what is the error message you get.

I think that it could be permission denied or something like that. In this case you should tell your database administrateur to add an user that is allowed to connect to the server from yourr remote machine
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/
    --

I am using mysql center, an application that allows you to connect to MySQL databases. The error i get is

[PoolDatabase] ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'www.trurodistrictpool.org.uk' (10061)

The password and username given to me by the domain hosting company is correct.

I have even logged into the database via the web, (its running phpmyadmin on the web), i can see the database and can add tables,
    but what i want to do is connect to my remote database/tables upload the new tables and display them on the web.

I can't beleive its causing me so many problems. I can't get much help from the hosting company they just send me to mysql.com, but as i am new to this i need the help. Even if i could just connect Access to the remote database and upload that way thats all i want to do. I run a pool league so supto date league tables and results is essential.

Thanks for you help

Hi

Irrespective of the tool used to connect, you *must* specify the correct username, hostnameort and password.

Maybe you could do a local install of MySQL and use the client (mysqlc). See if you can connect that way.

regards
    theN