Unanswered: Check form for data entry

I have a tabbed form with approximately 50 text controls on it. I need to determine if the user has attempted to enter information into any of these controls. If the user has, I will msgbox them asking if they want to close (losing info) or continue inputing info in.

My question is this:

Is there an easier way to determine this than checking isnull() for each control? I have the idea to declare a variable as a control and then set up a for next loop to test this, but I haven't attempted this yet. I'm a few weeks away from needing this form to work, so I have avoided it for now, but can't continue to do so much longer. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you have a field on your form that is an autonumber you can check against this - as soon as the user enters any info it will automatically make the autonumber field a value.
    Access XP & WinXP Pro

Thanks for the reply.

I'm assuming that you are talking about having a bound form and/or bound control to a field in a table that is an autonumber. However, I only use unbound forms, because I don't want to rely on required fields in a table. I'm trying to write all the verification with VBA for more precise control of the app. I'm sure that your sugguestion will work, but several of my end users are computer idiots and if given half a chance, will corrupt the database in the blink of an eye and come screeming "WHAT HAPPENED?????????" (I don't wan't to deal with that too often if I can help it).

Any other ideas?

use 'dirty' property of a form....

me.dirty will be true if anything was touched....

I don't know if this works with 97, but sure works with 2000 & XP....

and nice thing is that you can clear it with Me.Dirty = False

and then wait for new changes....

Unfortunatly this will not work for this problem since I'm using a tabbed control to hold the text controls. And of course there isn't an on dirty event for the tab control.