Unanswered: Oracle to Excel connection ?

Hi everyone,

I have some users who want to update data from an Oracle table in an Excel spreadsheet. Is there an easy way to connect the two?

(the only way I would know is to unload data from Oracle, then load it into Excel, then load the updated data back into Oracle .... rather cumbersome!)

Thank you.

gimme a break.

MS Access might work with a link to the DB tables.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

You could knock up a VBA script with two procedures, one to pull the data off Oracle and another to update the data.

I have written an Excel macro to insert data into Oracle using OLEDB into any oracle table with the same shape as the excel worksheet. I also created a little form where the user types in the table name and the database.

Alan

Hi all,

Don't mind if I jump in.
    Alan, will your method work for Unicode data also??

Actually, I want to use Access 2000 to connect to Oracle 9i to edit tables containing nvarchar2 data. I have tried many method and data driver but still not successful.

Thanks.
    Cheers,
    Shev

Sorry havent tried it with unicode. Have you tried looking on microsofts msdn about using unicode with OLEDB and also try Oracle's metalink.

Alan

Unhappy

Haven't tried oracle's metalink. But seems microsoft's oledb doesn't support unicode at all...
    Cheers,
    Shev

look at http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...ng.htm#1010255 for unicode support.

You do need to use Oracles OLEDB driver (I think unicode was supported after v8.1.6)

Alan