Unanswered: Security Table...

I know this is not the first time we are talking about Security Table. I have done tons of search here but none can answer to my desire.

1. I would like to create a security table with user id and password.

2. I would like to assign security level (adminsitrator, Manager, team leader, generic user)

3. There are some forms and reports that deal with scoring individual's work and their performance. and that is why we don't want employees to see each other score on their work.

4. Everyone should be able to access Form Name "frmGroup". But I want to create a button for Manager in that form where manager willl click the button and the score forms "frmsScore" pops up. Also, it should be veiwable for the record owner. The table name is tbl_groups. There is field called Primary_Administrator and basically the this field will determine who to open the frmScore.

5. Another words, I want to make a table where I can list all of my forms and reports and assign security level.

6. Security level then should determine what button to enable and what button to disable based on user log in.

Hope it helps. I am going to attach the database as soon as I have it ready.

ANY HELP PLEASE....

IS THERE ANYONE WANTS TO HELP. PLEASE

You should be able to accomplish all that you have listed with standard
    Access security. Why don't you want to use that?
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

Re: Security Table...

Access security system is far more stronger than any 'security table' you may create.

That is because without user-level security, your table could be linked and edited by anybody-so it is useless.

The answer is simple:
    Learn Access security, then use the CurrentUser function in code to accomplish what you want. Forget about the 'permissions table'.

Dan

Access security will not work...

Access security for one database can lock other access database for end users. I would like to create my own table and set the permission. The reason for that is the main table (tbl_groups) has administrator assigned for records. The team leader should be able to see all team leader's assigned administrator. and individual administrator (administrator means end user who in charge of an account, like 401 k plan for abc company).

I don't know. May I will have to do this after I take VB class.

Thanks all of you for your help.
    Last edited by cool_guy_no_1; 08-07-03 at 16:17.

Only if you use the same workgroup for all of your databases!
    If you only want to secure the one database, open that database with the secure workgroup file. You have to use an icon to open the database, and add the workgroup switch to the Target.
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

sample

do you have a sample database?

I created mdw (workgroup) and tried setting permission but it seems it not protecting some of the forms that certain users not suppose to see.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, we have to login to work station, so I am using same id for my users.