Unanswered: @@trancount -- Storedprocedure

Hi

In my stored procedure the @@trancount results in 1
    as result of which i am not able to commit the transaction and face the following error
    Transaction count after EXECUTE indicates that a COMMIT or ROLLBACK TRAN is missing. Previous count = 0, Current count = 1.
    (return status = 0)

as a result of which there is a pagelock and not able to do any further transactions.
    infact it hangs the system./database

can any one tell me why do we get this error and what are the possible causes for the same
    and how can we rectify the same.

In my stored procedure i have different transactions to update different tables.
    that would mean for updating each table i have one transaction

Also one more query can we have different transaction names inorder to update the different tables, or should we can use the same name for all the transactions.

please let me know ur inputs for the same

Regards
    Shalu
    Regards
    Shalu

Re: @@trancount -- Storedprocedure

Originally posted by shalu_91
    In my stored procedure the @@trancount results in 1
    as result of which i am not able to commit the transaction and face the following error
    Transaction count after EXECUTE indicates that a COMMIT or ROLLBACK TRAN is missing. Previous count = 0, Current count = 1.
    (return status = 0)

as a result of which there is a pagelock and not able to do any further transactions.
    infact it hangs the system./database

can any one tell me why do we get this error and what are the possible causes for the same
    and how can we rectify the same.

In my stored procedure i have different transactions to update different tables.
    that would mean for updating each table i have one transaction

Also one more query can we have different transaction names inorder to update the different tables, or should we can use the same name for all the transactions.
    What ASE is assuming is that stored procedures don't
    leave opened transactions behind. That is, if a stored
    proc opens a tran, the same stored proc must close it
    (commit or rollback) before returning to its caller.

Regards,
    Mariano Corral

Thanks for the explanation
    i also found the following link explaining more abt this error

http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebook...TextView/14130

I have resolved the problem
    In my stored proc i was checking for certain conditions after beginning the transaction and if the conditions did not satisfy i did not do anything neither commin nor rollback
    so i first checked the conditions if the conditions satisfy then only i do begin transaction and later commit or rollback based on the return status of the processing

Regards
    Shalu
    Regards
    Shalu