Unhappy Unanswered: Auto update date field when duping a record in Access 2k

I am at a loss as to how to go about making a duplicated record auto update the date field(dupe record displays the current date). Previously we used Filemaker Pro for our database. We are now using Access 2k and have converted our information over to Access. The problem is that many employees are used to the way Filemaker worked. I know a user can just isolate a record, dupe it and then change one of the duplicated records to display the current date. This is sometimes more than they are willing to perform(spoiled Engineers). I know very little of VBA and use of the expressions, but do know something about Macros. However, macros are somewhat limited. I tried altering command buttons to perform the update, but became lost in VBA code shortly thereafter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is such a simple thing that has become very compicated.

if you have already got something that dupes your record (that seems to be the tough part!!), you could simply set the default value of the date field in table design to Now()

izy

Originally posted by izyrider
    if you have already got something that dupes your record (that seems to be the tough part!!), you could simply set the default value of the date field in table design to Now()

izy

I tried that, however, when duping a record, it copies ALL of the information in the record and gives you an exact duplicate of the original. Unless I tell Access to update the date field when I dupe the record, I get a copy.
    EDGRAFIX