Unanswered: counting in a report

I have a report that is grouped in the report(not qry) by serial number. The serial number has a header and footer. I have a field with control source of "=count([serialno])" put in the report footer. But the count does not equal the correct number. It's counting all records, not the grouped records. Is there a way around this?

Re: counting in a report

Originally posted by leeroy
    I have a report that is grouped in the report(not qry) by serial number. The serial number has a header and footer. I have a field with control source of "=count([serialno])" put in the report footer. But the count does not equal the correct number. It's counting all records, not the grouped records. Is there a way around this?
    Make a report based on a query, and put into the query that the report is based on the fields to restrict it. I have found a bug in Microsot Access counting reports, maybe something like that happens to you. To solve it make the form as the same way you are trying to make the report. Them enter into "Save as" and choose "Save as REPORT".