Question Unanswered: VBA code for tracking other current users of a database

I would like to know how to add a pop-up message to alert users of the record lock of edited records in tables/forms. I would like the pop-up message to be prompted out when a user tries to edit a record being edited by another user in a form/table of a shared database on a network. The message will notify user of the login name of the user editing the record. Do I have to set up a form for each table in order to implement this function. Currently I only have set up a core input form in the database with multiple tables.

Furthermore, I find that before I set the record lock property to "Edited Record" , Access could sometimes prompt out such message when the above situation occurs. But such message no longer appears after I have set the record lock properties. why?

Re: VBA code for tracking other current users of a database

Originally posted by 3colorcat
    I would like to know how to add a pop-up message to alert users of the record lock of edited records in tables/forms. I would like the pop-up message to be prompted out when a user tries to edit a record being edited by another user in a form/table of a shared database on a network. The message will notify user of the login name of the user editing the record. Do I have to set up a form for each table in order to implement this function. Currently I only have set up a core input form in the database with multiple tables.

Furthermore, I find that before I set the record lock property to "Edited Record" , Access could sometimes prompt out such message when the above situation occurs. But such message no longer appears after I have set the record lock properties. why?
    Anybody has an answer for this? I need help with this too. I want to know how to send a message to the logged users to shutdown or whatever. (One way is to use the network Ex. Novell, But I want to do it through access VBA). Thanks