Unhappy Unanswered: Cannot configure Cognos

Hi,

i have the following issue....

Installation directory in HP-UX : /usr/cognos/cer3

In the /usr/cognos/cer3/bin directory there is a file called "configure" .So at the command promt " # "(Working directory is /usr/cognos/cer3/bin) , if we type "./configure" and then press enter, it shows "Configuration manager Cognos series 7, version 7.1.116.0 ", but we do not get the "Configcp->" promt which is expected.Also after this the consol does not respond to any of the commands, like list, select ,ls and describe. Also none of the services except the Object store are running(Similar to problem posted at http://dbforums.com/t399868.html).

I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Regards
    Prashant

Re: Cannot configure Cognos

Well, lets try:

* wich computer caracteristics that are you configuring cognos? (os, os version, RAM, hard disk,...)
    * wich cognos product were installed in this computer?
    * wich user, in hp-ux, are you trying to configure the cognos?
    * wich permissions this user?

Each one, have important influence in the environment and at cognos tool.
    Answer these, and I hope help you.

Regards

Henrique Miguel
    Business Analyst

Originally posted by prash_cd
    Hi,

i have the following issue....

Installation directory in HP-UX : /usr/cognos/cer3

In the /usr/cognos/cer3/bin directory there is a file called "configure" .So at the command promt " # "(Working directory is /usr/cognos/cer3/bin) , if we type "./configure" and then press enter, it shows "Configuration manager Cognos series 7, version 7.1.116.0 ", but we do not get the "Configcp->" promt which is expected.Also after this the consol does not respond to any of the commands, like list, select ,ls and describe. Also none of the services except the Object store are running(Similar to problem posted at http://dbforums.com/t399868.html).

I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Regards
    Prashant