Thread: Access

Unanswered: Access

Hi! How Can I get the switchBoard Automatically, when I open the access data base

Vad
    Vad

Do you mean, you want the switchboard form to open automatically when the database is opened?
    Life's a bowl of punch, go ahead and spike it.

Access

Yes Same as you said. How CAn I get Instant help from DB Forums.Is there Any way I can Get Help Like That.

Here My Question is I want the switchboard form to open automatically when the database is opened.

Thank U
    Vad

Re: Access

In Access 2000 you could find in Tools (Utilities to make a SwitchBoard automaticaly). Do it. Or just create a form and after that in Tools - Startup, choose the form you had made.

Access

Thank U I will try with what u said.

I have one more question. I have one system to repair, for that it needs different parts, like Part1, part2.......Etc part10. How can I create a table for those parts, and a serial number for that part, Purchasing order for that part.

I will show the format below.

Part used Serial # PO#

I want to display several parts used for one system. like

Equipment received Parts used Serial# PO#

CPU Cable 123456 5465
    Harddisk 54654 kj54
    RAM 465456 kl454

I want to enter the parts used in one text box. serial number in one text box, and PO# in one text box seperated by commas. How can I display all those in the above format either in datasheet view or form view.

If u could help me with this as soon as possible I will apprecite It.

Thanks
    Vad

Re: Access

For that purposes, I recommend you to create 3 tables. One for parts (principal table), other one for serial numbers and a final one for PO number. The relations must be one to many. Much better in a database format than in a separeted by commas format. I am just a user of the forum. I will be pleased to help you as soon as I finished a program that I have spent 10 years making it. I hope in one or 2 weeks I could start selling it. I am just a lawyer that loves programming in Access, and this forum and other ones have make me learn a lot of things. If you don´t understand very well how to make it, give me some time, and I will try to help you.