Unanswered: constraint checking....

I came across the following questions for constarint checking....can anyone help me out...

1) When constraint checking is suspended or diabled, a table or table space is in which of the following states:
    a)Paused b) Check Pending c) Intent locked d) Constranit Waiting

2) A table has a check constraint enforcement turned off, and additional data has been inserted. Which of the following will perform data validation to ensure column values are valid
    a) Add trigger b) Collect Statistics c) Reorganize the table d) enable check constraint

My answers are: 1. b and 2. d

Am I right...can we turn off the check constraint?? If yes how can we do it.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 5

Re: constraint checking....

Yes you can.

To turn off checking :
    SET INTEGRITY for MyTable OFF

To turn it on:
    SET INTEGRITY for MyTable IMMEDIATE CHECKED FORCE GENERATED

There are several caveats to putting a table in the Check Pending state (CPS).
    You cannot insert, update, delete, or select from a such a table.

Please read the notes in the SQL manual on SET INTEGRITY for all that can be done while a table is in the CPS.

You should also beware that by putting a table in CPS may cause other tables to go into a CPS also.

HTH

Andy

Originally posted by huskers
    I came across the following questions for constarint checking....can anyone help me out...

1) When constraint checking is suspended or diabled, a table or table space is in which of the following states:
    a)Paused b) Check Pending c) Intent locked d) Constranit Waiting

2) A table has a check constraint enforcement turned off, and additional data has been inserted. Which of the following will perform data validation to ensure column values are valid
    a) Add trigger b) Collect Statistics c) Reorganize the table d) enable check constraint

My answers are: 1. b and 2. d

Am I right...can we turn off the check constraint?? If yes how can we do it.

Thanks