Unanswered: @@transtate from Sybase to DB2

Hi all,

I'm converting a Sybase 12.5 stored procedure to DB2 v8.1. Inside it, there is a value @@transtate. Below is the definition quoted from Sybase Reference Guide:

@@transtate - Contains the state of the current transaction in the current session. Possible values are: 0 - transaction in progress; 1 - transaction committed; 2 - previous statement aborted; transaction still in progress; 3 - transaction aborted and rolled back.

Below is quoted from my sybase stored procedure:

if @@transtate = 3 /*.... transaction abort */
    begin

Can anyone suggest what functions in DB2 can represent @@transtate? Many thx.

Re: @@transtate from Sybase to DB2

I'm not sure how much this will help you ...

I think the closest thing in DB2 will be something like :

DECLARE not_found CONDITION FOR SQLSTATE '02000';

DECLARE CONTINUE HANDLER FOR not_found
    SET at_end = 1;

You need to read the documentation for further details

Cheers

Sathyaram
    Originally posted by db2worker
    Hi all,

I'm converting a Sybase 12.5 stored procedure to DB2 v8.1. Inside it, there is a value @@transtate. Below is the definition quoted from Sybase Reference Guide:

@@transtate - Contains the state of the current transaction in the current session. Possible values are: 0 - transaction in progress; 1 - transaction committed; 2 - previous statement aborted; transaction still in progress; 3 - transaction aborted and rolled back.

Below is quoted from my sybase stored procedure:

if @@transtate = 3 /*.... transaction abort */
    begin

Can anyone suggest what functions in DB2 can represent @@transtate? Many thx.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thx Sathyaram.

I'm asking IBM consultant about this. Will post the solution here once I got it.

Anyway, thx again!