Unanswered: New To Access - Passing Variables from Forms/Date Queries?

Hi Guys,

I am new to Access and trying to develop a simple application:

1) A form that will take a "Name" and a "Date" from User.
    2) When user clicks "OK", it will open a report. (I am using MACRO here)
    3) When the report is opened by MACRO, the name will be passed to a report and will be displayed on the report....How to achieve this?
    4) There will be a query on the report that will be executed with criteria "Date" field entered by the user. I have a table named as "PEOPLE" which have columns "Name" / "Occupation" / "Birthdate" . I want to write a query that will compare the Form.Date (entered by user) with People.Birthdate and will display the matching records. "Date" and "Birthdate" format is DD/MM/YY but I need only records that match DD/MM in this query.

For Example;
    If user enters NAME=John and DATE=22/06/1980 in the form, I will open a report, PRINT THIS NAME on this report (HOW TO DO THIS, this is my first question) and then display the records that have Birthday Field 22/06/** (HOW TO DO THIS, this is my second question)

I am open to any ideas, I have passed couple of hours by looking Access but because of inadequate experience and poor documentation, I am stucked at this point. Your help and ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you!

You won't find much about that in the documentation, because it can't be done with Access standard functions. You'll have to write VBA-code.
    Anyway, this is easy code, like:

reports(REPORTNAME)(Feldname) = forms(FORMNAME)(Textbox)
    reports(REPORTNAME).recordsource = "Select * from blabla where name = " & forms(FORMNAME)(Datumsbox)

the date question is not so easy 'cos you want any year.
    something along the lines of
    SELECT * FROM theTable WHERE (day([Birthdate]) & "/" & month([Birthdate])) Like forms!formName![Date] & "*"

but your user must only enter dd/mm (or you use code to strip off any /yyyy)

i see you EMPHASISE macros ...best of luck!

izy