I am getting following error when I start the sql server agent. The server is a cluster.
- ?  SQLServerAgent started from command line
- !  SQLServer Error: 17, SQL Server does not exist or access denied. [SQLSTATE 08001]
- !  SQLServer Error: 2, ConnectionOpen (Connect()). [SQLSTATE 01000]
- !  Unable to connect to server '(local)'; SQLServerAgent cannot start
- ?  SQLServerAgent terminated (normally)
I started the agent from command prompt - same error message. I verified the service account that is used to start the agent, verified password for sql server, verified the IP address, etc. Those look normal.