Unanswered: System Store Procedure

hi all

I am new to databases and MSSQL in particular.
    I was wondering where i might be able to find some information on system store procedures for MSSQL. I know wat system are available as they are all listed in the master db, but i don't know how to use them. For example, i tried to use dt_validateloginparams to verify a db login that exists. i used the following in query analyser

Exec dt_validateloginparams 'forum', '012345'

and it returned
    Server: Msg 50000, Level 16, State 1, Procedure dt_displayoaerror, Line 16

i have no idea why.

I just need someone to point me to the right resources to do with interacting with the database. what i am trying to do is basically to create a web based database management system. so i'll need to use the system store procedures to create user login and create database and storeprocedure etc.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

j

To add logins to SQL Server look at stored procedure sp_addlogin, then to add a user to a specific database look at sp_adduser. The stored procedure dt_validateloginparams I believe is used with Visual Safe Source.
    MCDBA

Originally posted by achorozy
    To add logins to SQL Server look at stored procedure sp_addlogin, then to add a user to a specific database look at sp_adduser. The stored procedure dt_validateloginparams I believe is used with Visual Safe Source.
    Does that mean i have to verify user login by manually create my own store procedures to validate login etc?

Generally is it safe for me to use my own storeprocedures to interact with the master database given that i am careful?

Cheer

J