Porto, Portugal

Unhappy Unanswered: Event ID ( 17055 )

Hello all! This is my first message here, and I need help. I am a experienced software developer and T-SQL user (about 5 years), but now I'm also starting as a database administrator, and my firts task is taking care of a problem... The thing is that I'm geting my SQL Server 2000 to crash when I run some kind of process. It may be a simple query, or a complex one. The simple may fail and crash SQL Server and the complex not or vice-versa. In the Windows Event Log, it puts the following information (note thath where is "sa" could be some other user, the result is the same):

"The description for Event ID ( 17055 ) in Source ( MSSQLSERVER ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 18454; Login succeeded for user 'sa'. Connection: Non-Trusted."

There are a SQL Server 7 and a SQL Server 2000 used by the same application.

I've read some info and I didn't get any good ideas on how to solve this.

Can anyone be kind enough to help me? Very apreciated!

Did you ever figure out your problem?
    I am seeing the almost EXACT same message.

perhaps this will help

When the access violation occurs, the following event is logged in the Application event log:
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
    Event Category: (2)
    Event ID: 17055
    17310 :
    SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 3856 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process. When the access violation error occurs, you may notice stack information that is similar to the following:

Hotfix information

A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that is described in this article. Only apply it to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next SQL Server 2000 service pack that contains this hotfix.