Unanswered: DB2 to SQL Server Data Migration

I have clients that have data residing on an AS400 box with db2. I need to migrate their data to SQL Server 2000. The data does not need to be modified in any way, just the raw data needs to be moved from one db to another in a character or text format. In the past I have used a client access to dump the data from each data file on the AS400 to a text file, and then pull that data into SQL Server. I am hoping for a quicker way to do this.

As far as software, what are my options? If I set up a laptop, what type of communication card will I need?

I apologize if this is not the right area to ask this question. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: DB2 to SQL Server Data Migration

There is likely to be a migration toolkit for SQL Server ... Please check with Microsoft ...

BTW, the vendors' support during your migration phase is always too good ... I suggest, you throw any question you have to them, in your case, Microsoft ...

Good luck

Sathyaram

Originally posted by sse01
    I have clients that have data residing on an AS400 box with db2. I need to migrate their data to SQL Server 2000. The data does not need to be modified in any way, just the raw data needs to be moved from one db to another in a character or text format. In the past I have used a client access to dump the data from each data file on the AS400 to a text file, and then pull that data into SQL Server. I am hoping for a quicker way to do this.

As far as software, what are my options? If I set up a laptop, what type of communication card will I need?

I apologize if this is not the right area to ask this question. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Look at the following site:

http://www.realsoftstudio.com/orderonline.php

perhaps they have something available for your case
    Ties Blom
    Senior Application Developer BI
    Getronics Healthcare
    DB2,ORACLE,Powercenter,BusObj,Access,
    SQL, SQL server