Angry Unanswered: -2147417842 (0x8001010e) problem with asp pages

Hello,

I am having trouble with asp pages on my company's website. Lately, I've being having trouble loading those pages up. And then if I reboot the server, it will be okay again.

At the beginning, sometimes it won't load asp pages properly. Instead, it will show -2147417842 (0x8001010e) on the page with nothing else. After refreshing a few times, it usually loads up the proper page.
    Then, a few days later, it will be having trouble loading up the page, the status bar will say loading for a long time, and then it will just say can not load the page up, internal server error 500.
    Then, I will call the company that's hosting my site to reboot the server and everything would be back to normal.

I am wondering if anyone experience this before? I am sure it's not because of the code on the page that I load up, because that code is really simple (with one querystring and everything else is just html code). It may be caused by other pages, since some of the code are not written by me.

If anyone had the same experience and know what caused it, please share the knowledge.

Thank you.

I think you need turn off friendly http error messages in IE to get the real problem that is occurring.

To do this, follow the instructions bellow.
    http://www.webwizguide.info/asp/faq/...r_messages.asp

Then, report the complete error message if possible.

Wink

Okay, I've turn it off now, all I need is for the web server to start behaving improperly again. I will post again when it does with the message (hopefully there are some...).

Unhappy

Actually, it just misbehave again. However, eventhough I've turn off "the friendly error message", it still doesn't show anything except that number. I tried it in Netscape 7.1, and it shows exactly the same.

Any suggestion?

I agree, it's not your coding problems, it's an IIS problem it sounds like. Try and give more information please

Try refreshing a bunch real quick like 10 or 15 times
    do you get his error?

HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected
    Internet Information Services

What do the error log's say? Does it spew out problems with specific config or dll files?

Does it even say if it's serving the pages?

What about event viewer? What's it spewing out?

Spy around the IIS settings, anything out of the ordinary?