Thread: No HTML tag

Question Unanswered: No HTML tag

Hi all, I have a question and would like you to help me:

My data in TEXT column contain some HTML tags, I want to get just text in it, Here for example:
    <FONT size=2><EM><FONT color=#808080>(Oriented Orient)</FONT></EM> - My text here that I want to get.</FONT>

And all I want to get is:
    My text here that I want to get.

I would all of you to help me. Thanks,

Arrow Interesting

Hi
    It has been a while that I visited the forum. You have a very interesting problem at hand.
    There are two things you can do.
    1. Use a combination of INSTR, SUBSTR, LENGTH and CONCAT functions in a PL/SQL function, and you should be ok. Unfortunately there is no other way out, as HTML is too vast to replace all HTML tags with ''.
    2. Search the web for such solutions. I am sure this is not a very uncommon problem.
    If nothing works out, kindly email me at aruneeshsalhotra@yahoo.com, and I would give ur problem a shot with PL/SQL function. (Also include all the HTML tags to be replaced).
    Regards
    Aruneesh

Re: Interesting

Hi Aruneesh,
    Thanks for your reply me soon. I tried with decode function with many HTML tags but it could not run bacause of many parameters in it, tried with sub query again but it still the same.
    So please show me your other solution as soon as possible,
    Thanks a lot,

Originally posted by aruneeshsalhotr
    Hi
    It has been a while that I visited the forum. You have a very interesting problem at hand.
    There are two things you can do.
    1. Use a combination of INSTR, SUBSTR, LENGTH and CONCAT functions in a PL/SQL function, and you should be ok. Unfortunately there is no other way out, as HTML is too vast to replace all HTML tags with ''.
    2. Search the web for such solutions. I am sure this is not a very uncommon problem.
    If nothing works out, kindly email me at aruneeshsalhotra@yahoo.com, and I would give ur problem a shot with PL/SQL function. (Also include all the HTML tags to be replaced).
    Regards
    Aruneesh